Thursday 22 November 2012

FAMILY

A family is a collective body of people who come from the same home at some point,this would start from perents to children and then to other generations of siblings'
for example brothers and sisters having children of their own' family can also stretch to extended family where the original family can brothers and sisters of their own also ! this creates uncles,aunties,nieces,nephews,and cousins
FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS
Some familys are what you call close nit and get on very well with each other "but" some familys can have strained relationships where they can find it difficult to communicate with each other.
WHO IS THE BOSS ?
Usually familys have a "head" or bread winner who attempts to lead there family through life and passing on their own experiences of life to their kids as they learned from their own perents themselves! this can be done by the dad or the mum or even by both heads.
BORING OR FUN FAMILYS
All familys are different when it comes to lifstyle' some familys can be fun and outgoing where other familys can be a little boring or very private.
MY FAMILY
My familys means the world to me 1 although i do not have the best relationship with my mum this is due to jeolousy from her part towards my dad as i was very close to him even after they split up nearly 15 years ago.
I have 3 sisters who i treat as my own daughters despite thre ages ' as me and my brothers felt the need to take over the dad role when my dad wasn't around, 2 of my sisters have kids of there own but we still see our sisters as young kids overall wich does their heads in but we do have a fantastic relationship anyway,
My closest relationships are with my 3 older brothers who i see nearly everyday1 we spend alot of time with each over having some good old banter and the accasional joke on each over to, but in all they are my rock next to my dad !
DAD
My dad was the bread winner in the family before he was asked to leave but even then he still provided for his kids ! I was very close to my dad who alsways told us there is nothing more inportant then family !
my dad passed away this year wich was deverstating to me and the rest of the family but he was a good dad who showed us family values and how to cope with life !
He is very much missed.
here is some images of my imidiate family with examples of who is who within the family and also my family tree.


MY FAMILY



 
my dog peppa


my daughter halle
my daughter leona

my mums dog duke


my step dad gaz


my older brother david


my younger sister paige


my mum


my older brother lee


my older brother ant


and my late dad x


NICHOLAS NIXON

family album

My inspiration for family portraits

In the history of photography Nixon’s ongoing series of family portraits The Brown Sisters 1975 is the best in the world. Beautifully structured and composed the photographs are nuanced and sensitive to the people portrayed and the passage of time. The subjects project and recede within the image frame, exposing vulnerability, intimacy and strength. Simply breathtaking!





“Themes such as the passage of time and the enduring nature of close family relationships are brought into focus in the exhibition Nicholas Nixon: Family Album  Among them are pictures of Nixon’s wife, Beverly (Bebe) Brown Nixon, and their two children, Clementine and Sam. Nicholas Nixon also includes The Brown Sisters, the ongoing annual series of portraits of Bebe and her sisters taken each summer for the past 35 years. Nixon will take another photograph of the sisters every year
Nicholas Nixon’s photographs of family are both personal in nature and have a universality with which observers can connect. These pictures, a number of which have never been publicly displayed, celebrate the bonds of close family relationships, especially as they grow over time. 







Born in Detroit in 1947, Nixon graduated from the University of Michigan in 1969 with a bachelor’s degree in English, and from the University of New Mexico in 1974 with a Masters of Fine Arts degree. Later that year, he moved to Boston, where he teaches at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design. Nixon is known for his documentary photography, especially city views and portraits rooted in the snapshot tradition. He works primarily in black and white, creating gelatin silver prints with a 8 x 10-inch view camera as did many of the great photographers who influenced him, including Alfred Stieglitz, Edward Weston, and Walker Evans. Working in large format and making contact prints enables him to create images of crisp detail and subtle tone. In recent years, Nixon has also begun to experiment with color, although the photographs in the exhibition are all black-and-white, for which he is best known. He is the recipient of three National Endowment for the Arts Fellowships and two Guggenheim Fellowships, and, in addition to the MFA, his work is included in numerous museum collections, among them, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
Here are some of nixons images below of his wife babe ,his kids and his wife's sisters over time !!!


note how he show the brown sisters getting older through the years ?





his wife babe taking a hot bath




nixons wife and daughter

brown sisters 1976

brown sisters 1978

brown sisters 1980

brown sisters 1996

brown sisters 1999









 




No comments:

Post a Comment